Sunday, July 15, 2012

Who says vehicles are dead?

First, this is not based on actual game experience, as I have not run many vehicles since 6th edition, because, like everyone else, I read the glancing rules and thought, screw that.  Then you read the forums about how vehicles are getting glanced to death, so you think, "good thing I don't have any vehicles..."

I was thinking about this today, and I was wondering, who is glancing all of these vehicles to death?  Rhinos are 11 armor on front and sides - bolters can't touch that, lasguns can't touch that, and even though I don't have the book handy, I am pretty sure that tau guns can't touch that.  I know Eldar have alot of Str 6, necrons can glance anything, and grey knights with psybolt ammo can glance that.  Sure there are missile launchers and lascannons and all that things there have always been, and it is a little easier for them, but str 6 weapons are not so prolific that parking lots are getting glanced down in a turn or 2 by foot troops - and that's just armor 11, what about 12, 13, and 14.  Sure lascannons can glance them down, all 2 of them in your army (if you're lucky).  Sure melta can glance vehicles down, but melta kills stuff anyway.

I am not going to be able to play for a couple of weeks, but I am going to make a vehicle army (marines, since I don't really have IG), and see for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment