Friday, July 6, 2012

Gun Slinger

With the 6th edition, I am able to use some models I bought a long time ago from ebay.  Someone had modeled some marines with 2 plasma pistols, and one with 2 Infernus Pistols.  At the time I thought they looked cool, but that I would never be able to play them.

Now I want to put them in my list, because they look cool, but I want to make sure I am not gimping myself, so I have given it some thought:

Advantages: 2 pistols = +1 Attack in HtH
                     2 Plasma Pistols on a character (sergeant), who can single out targets on a roll of 6

Disadvantage: No power weapons.  I am not sure if this a big deal, because the change of my sergeant getting a kill in a challenge is pretty small anyway, unless it is against a non-melee character (which I can still probably handle).  With the 2 shots, there is a chance I will kill those other sergeants / weak characters in the shooting phase.

Final analysis:  Not having a power weapon is going to suck sometimes (and I will probably regret my decision each of those times), but gunslingers look cool, and I think they gain as much potential as they lose (and I'll throw in a melta-bomb to make up for not having a fist), so I will probably run them - at least the two that I have (and see how that goes before I model anymore.)

No comments:

Post a Comment