Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Paladin Configuration

I am pretty happy with my list, but I am thinking that I can tweak my Paladin squad a little bit. I was looking for some feedback on a couple of ideas (all of the paladin configurations fill the same roll, but for reference, my base army is Draigo + Paladins (10 Paladins, 4 master crafted psycannons, apothecary), 2 GKSS (SGT with Halberd, 2 hammers, 2 psycannons, psybolt), and 2 Dread Knights (teleporters and Heavy incinerators).

I am thinking that 10 Paladins have been effective as they are but, since they are 1000 of my 2000 points, I want to give them a little more versatility.

I have come up with 4 ideas that will make them better, and maybe more versatile.

1. Drop a Paladin and master craft on psycannons. Use those points to buy a Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in terminator armor, with a psycannon, and psyker 1 (to give myself the reroll to hit power).
Gain - Same number of bodies, twin linked shooting, can still deep strike squad if I need to
Loss- 1 less psycannon, can't combat squad (not that I plan on it)

2. Drop Paladin and Master Craft on Psycannons, get coteaz
Gain: Get 2 psyker powers (1 will be re-roll to hit), ability to re-roll steal initiative, and "I've been
expecting you."
Loss: 2 Psycannons, can't combat squad, can't deep-strike

3. Drop Apothecary, master crafting on psycannons, and a hammer (from a GKSS), and get the same Ordo Mallues Inquisitor
Gain: 5 Psycannons (twin-linked), deep strike, combat squad
Loss: Feel no Pain

4. Drop Apothecary, master crafting on psycannons, and a hammer (from a GKSS), and get Coteaz
Gain:still have 4 Psycannons (Twin linked), can still combat squad, steal initiative, and "I've been expecting you."
Loss: No deep strike, no feel no pain.

I am thinking number 3 might be over-kill (I honestly haven't had a problem shooting things to death as is, but I am thinking that a psyker with divination will give me an anti-air boost).

I think all 5 of these configurations are pretty solid, and am looking for input from other people.

I guess, a 6th option, of I am considering Coteaz, is to take a normal inquisitor, without terminator armor.  A Ordo Inquisitor psyker (with 1 power) is 55 points.  If I don't buy terminator armor, I could buy psycotroke grenades and the plasma syphon, and still some points to upgrade weapons - although cool, not sure the grenades are worth it, since my Paladins haven't seen melee yet, although I haven't really played a melee centric army yet either.

No comments:

Post a Comment