Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Expansion of Blog, not a Betrayal

Before this blog, before 6th edition, I had started a Grey Knights Blog.  I had been playing 40k for 3-4 years, and when Grey Knights came out, I loved the idea of Space Paladins, I also love the Inquisition and how, in in effort to protect humanity from monsters, are very close to being monsters themselves.

I had bought boxes and boxes of Grey Knights, it was going to be my first army that I built from scratch - no ebay, not pre-painted models, etc.  I was going to do everything exactly how I wanted.  That didn't work out perfectly, but I did enjoy playing Grey Knights.  So why did I make a Blood Angel blog instead?

When 6th came out, the reason I picked BA over Grey Knights for my 6th edition blog was because of this: http://descentofangel.blogspot.com/2012/08/come-long-way.html 

I Also just like Blood Angels, the first 40K book I read was about Blood Angels, and it was awesome (I don't remember the name, but it was the one where Chaos makes a Blood Angel think he is The Sanguinary reborn, and starts a civil war within the chapter.  As you can see, I had a lot more models that could be converted to Blood Angels than I did for Grey Knights.  At the last tournament, I found out that my local area now has 2-3 other BA characters, and no Grey Knights, so I am going to break my Grey Knights back out.

I am excited, because they are still all unpainted, and I am going to try some new things, like dry brushing and washing.

That being said, I am still going to collect, write about, and use Blood Angels also, but I am going to start including Grey Knights in my blog.  I will also likely eventually include Chaos and Eldar, as I have some of each of those as well.

2 comments:

  1. lol, funny you say this. I was just talking to andrew last night of expanding my blog to cover Chaos and Guard in light of the new Chaos codex and the fact that I'll probably be playing Chaos more now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. You'll have a head start on the chaos, because I have the $70 gift certificate on the 15th of Oct, so I am waiting till then to buy it

    ReplyDelete