Monday, April 29, 2013

Game 3 2000 GK vs Black Templars.

This was crusade (5 objectives), with hammer and anvil deployment.  There is even less to tell about this game - by the bottom of turn 2, he had given up.
He had
1x Emperor champion with assault squad in a stormraven
1x Super character with assault squad in landraider
2x Assault Squads in Rhinos
2 land speeders
1x vindicator

All the objectives were in the middle (they were placed after terrain, and they were all placed in no mans land - which makes this the only time the my rear guard GKSS saw action, they crossed the wall on turn 4.

He went first, and by the end of turn 2, I had destroyed his vindicator, his land raider, both land speeders, and had velocity locked his stormraven.  The game ended something like 8-0.  There was some melee, which lasted a lot longer than I expected it to, since I had all power weaspons, but at the end of 3 game turns of combat, both of our 10 man squads were down to 1 man.

His commander squad occupied all 3 dread knights for the last 3 game turns, but I won that fight, since he needed the unit to hold an objective, and my NDK had already done everything I needed them to.

Overall, in the tournament, the alpha strike and teleporting to the rear was awesome for me.  I would have struggled against flyers, and 1 person brought 3 heldrakes, but I didn't end up playing them.  I am going to look into allies, to see about making the turn 1 strike even stronger - or maybe increasing the range of the rear base, so that they can support the forward elements.


No comments:

Post a Comment