Monday, April 29, 2013

2000 point GK vs Blood Angels

This was the first game in the tournament from last post.  I had the same GK list from last post/

Blood Angels had:
 3 x Attack Bikes (I think there was 1 Heavy Bolter Bike and 2 MM Bikes)
 1 x 10 Devestators (4x Missile Launchers)
 a ADL with Quad Gun
 1 x 10 Scouts
2x StrormRavens - with sponsons
2x Furioso Dreads (1 with double fists, 1 with double claws)
2 x 10 Assualt Squads (each with a furioso priest)
1 Captain with Claw and Artificer armor

It was Vanguard Deployment, Night Fighting, and I had first Turn.  I held 1 unit of GKSS in reserve, BA had   the assault squads and furiosos on the stormravens, along with the Captain.

There wasn't much to tell on this one.  My Dreadknights jumped up and flamed his scouts into oblivion, giving me first blood, then they went on a rampage, killing all three bikes and was in melee with the devestators when his flyers came on.  He had shot up the Interceptors, and put some wounds on the dreadknights, but at the end of my turn 3 it was 5 to 0.

On his turn 3, he unloaded one of the flyers and wiped out a GKSS squad and 1 NDK.  On turn my turn 4, I killed his last devestator and the stormraven that unloaded.  He unloaded the other Stormraven, and assaulted the other 2 GKSS along with both inquisitors.

By the end, the score was 8 to 8 (we both had 7 kp and I had first blood, he had slay the warlord).

Thoughts, this was a much closer game that I thought it was going to be.  I should have sacrificed 1 unit of SS, so that he couldn't get 4 KP in 1 turn - all I had to do was stay out of range (hard to do against a Stormraven, but doable).  This was a case where I got into the spirit of Purge the Alien - I didn't need anymore KP, so the extra combats could only hurt me, but I kept playing like I was going to annihilation.

I was close to bringing the same army, but decided not to, and it probably worked out well, since his next game, the blood angel character had both flyers shot down with their cargo inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment