Monday, April 29, 2013

2000 point local tournament, with some less local guests..

There was another local tournament on Saturday, although this time we had some guests from some other local stores.  Overall, I got second place - the tournament was based on points,so I never actually got to play the first place guy; I think I could have beat him, based on what I saw (he didn't have the tools to take my list), but he beat some stuff that I probably couldn't have taken (3 Heldrakes).

What was interesting about this tournament is that I got to see some armies I have never seen played before. My last game was against Black Templars (and I see why I probably haven't played them before, they were like ultra marines, but more expensive, and if they had any cool toys, this player didn't take them - other than putting POTMS on a vindicator.

Second place was sisters of battle.  I didn't get to see much that final battle (Sisters went into final in second place, so they played the first place necrons), but what I did see was pretty impressive - although they suffered a massive loss (only 2 troop choices in a 5 objective game).

I was planning on bringing Blood Angels, or Marines, but ended up going with Grey Knights, since I couldn't decide on a list for more traditional marines - especially since the Grey Knights solved the army I lost to last game (all deep-striking monstrous creatures), with warp quake and force weapons.

I brought
ADL with Icaras Las Cannon
2x 1 Inquisitor with Prescience
3x 10 Strike Squads, 1 hammer, 2 psycannons, SGT with Halberd, Psybolt ammo
1x 10 GK Intercept Squad
3x NDK with teleporters and Heavy Incinerators

In all three games, I deployed with 2 squads of GKSS behind the ADL (with one model from each squad touching the gun) with an Inquisitor in each squad, and deep striked the last squad of GKSS.

I'll post more details later but, as usual, I forgot to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment