Monday, April 29, 2013

2000 point GK vs Necrons

This was Dawn of war, the emperor's will.  I had same army, my opponent had necrons.
He had 2 annihilation barges,
The walker (necron marker light)
4x20 necron warriors, with 1 overlord in one squad, and lords with rez orbs in each of the others.

This game was very straight forward.  I deepstriked again with one the GKSS, and they took some heavy causualties turn 2 and 3, but didn't die until turn 4.

Necrons went first, but I was in cover, so no major damage, a few interceptors and 1 SS guy was all I lost.  I jumped everything across the board again, using 1 NDK to hold the necrons on the left flank, while the other 2, a GKSS and GKIS rolled down the right flank.

One of my NDK made crazy saves - even after he was marker lighter, and hit by everything in the enemies army, he took 1 wound.  Luckily, all I had to do was charge him off the objectives, so that he had no units to take the objective with, because I couldn't kill 20 necrons with 4+ FNP to save my life.  I kept winning by 1, and then waiting for them to finally fail a Leadership roll and run off the table.

Thoughts: My alpha strike plan worked perfectly, in that the entire battle took place in the enemy deployment zone.  The only complaint I have is that I had 2 units of GKSS, each with prescient psykers, who never got to shoot (which is close to what happened in first game - until it was too late).  40 re-rolling S5 bolter shots is a pretty scary fire-base, but a waste of points in the enemy can't get within 24" of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment