Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chaos

  I said that I would be expanding my list to cover chaos, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  Now that both the CSM and the Chaos Daemon book are out, I plan on trying some chaos stuff out.  I even traded my necrons in for store credit at the local gaming store, to get things started.  There probably won't be pictures for a while, because I plan on proxying things a few games before buying hordes of stuff. 
  I am torn between daemons and CSM, and will probably look at hybrids.  I have spent some time reading both books, trying to come up with different single mark lists.  While this will be fluffy, I don't think that the books are necessarily balanced this way (for example, only Khorne and Nurgle have a way to assault into cover without going at initiative 1).  I will probably do a little bit of both (mixed and mono lists).
  I am probably going to wait to review some units until I have actually used them in combat, but we'll see.
  I have also toyed with the idea of using my Blood Angels as a fallen chapter (as described in the CSM book), and this would work because most of them are just primed red and all have different types of shoulder pads (I got most of them from multiple ebay lots, and didn't spend a lot of time "fixing them").  While this would be easy, realistic, and maybe a cool project, I am holding off right now, because I am not sure I want to abandon having some loyalists marines, and because I actually like the chaos models - but it may be something I do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment