Thursday, August 23, 2012

2000 Point Tourney List - Purge the Alien

So my local game store has started having monthly, 2000 point, purge the alien tournaments.  The prize is part of the entry fee in store credit, so I thought I'd give it a try.  Since I know the game will be purge the alien, I am not worried about scoring units, and tried to keep kill points down (I know I could have made a few less kill points, but eh).

Squad 1:
Librarian (probably with re-roll power)
10 Tactical Terminators (with 2 Cyclone Missile Launchers)
Brother Corbulo

I know this unit is a lot of points, but it is very durable (Corbulo will absorb the small arms fire, and LoS the instants death attacks to a Termie).  It has a good amount of fire power (which will be twin-linked because of the librarian) and it can handle itself in melee.  As an added bonus, the terminators will provide cover for my 2 Whirlwinds.

Squad 2:
Not really a "squad" but the 2 whirlwinds I've already mentioned.

Squad 3:
Bloodraven (Assault Cannon and MM)
10 Death Company (7 Bolters, 3 Power Axes with Pistols)
1 Death Company Dread

I liked the Furiouso Dread for the +1 armor, but I still painted my dread black because this meets my troop requirement, and the +1 attack for rage isn't bad, and neither is fleet?  The dread is meant to be a 1 man killing team, to take out small targets, SMU, lootas, etc.  If need be, he can also assist the DC, but their primary function is going to be hunting TeQ (with 15 Str 6, AP 2 attacks on the charge)

Squad 4:
Bloodraven (Assault Cannon and MM)
5 Assault Terminators (3 with claws, 2 with hammer and shield)
Furiouso Dread Librarian

I realize that the Furiouso Dread Librarian is probably my weakest choice, but I happened to have exactly the right amount of points, and an empty spot on the transport.  I have a Dread with 2 power fists that I could paint up, but I bought the librarian because I saw it on consignment, and have never used it (because it is probably not with the points, but it will give me some mobility on the field, once I am unloaded from transport).  This squad is primarily for MeQ hunting, but won't suck against anything.

I decided not to put Corbulo with the assault terminators, even though they could use the FnP, because he is a lot less useful in melee.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, 15 minutes before the tournament, I realized I had an illegal army. I had 4 heavy choices, and 4 elites, so I had to improvise with the models I had. I moved the Furiouso Dread over to a death company dread, and dropped a whirlwind. I used the whirlwind points to make librarian epistolary, and borrowed a another LC Terminator for the blood raven. I forgot to refund the rest of the points for making the furiouso a librarian, so I actually was actaully only playing 1955.

    I didn't take any pictures to make battle reports, but I won all 3 games, so this list did better than I thought would (after I saw how much more the other players had).

    ReplyDelete