Saturday, August 4, 2012

2000 point Aggressive BA (may need some refinement)

So, I was reading on the forums about someone defending transports (even though are are the most expensive), he listed some ideas.  The idea that I liked, because it went with my Blood Angel play style, was as follows... 3 units of tactical (or in this case 2 tactical squads, and 1 death company squads), full tilt turn 1, so that about 11" from enemy deployment zone.  On my 2nd turn, unload all the troops and rapid fire into enemy lines with all 3 units, at the same time my assault marines are dropping down with flamers and setting up charge.  I will lead the transports with a unit of bikes.  They either flat out for a better save, or go 12 and shoot.  On turn 2, they will branch out and either assault a soft target or help turret a stronger target.  So the idea is to have almost my whole army in the enemy deployment zone on turn 2.  The part that doesn't fit are the 2 whirlwinds.  I like them because they are fast (so they fit the theme), they can flush out scouts and such (and maybe heavy weapon teams), to soften up the enemy.  The problem is, if all goes to plan, they will be alone on my side of the board on turn 3 (and they will be shooting into the enemy deployment area with scatter - which could hit my troops).  While I like them, I am just not sure the whirlwind fits THIS army.
Maybe if I lose the epistolary upgrade and the 2 whirlwinds, I could add 5 assault terminators, but would that contribute more than 2 whirlwinds?

The whole list is:
Librarian on a bike with force staff
Sanguinary Priest on Bike with powersword

2 Tactical Squads (MM and Flamer) in Rhino
1 Death Company (7 guys with bolters and 3 axes amd pistols) in Rhino
2 Assault Squads (2 Flamers and SGT Power Sword and Mega Bomb and combat shields)

8 Bikes with melta guns and Attack Bike with MM with power sword

2 Whirlwinds

No comments:

Post a Comment