Wednesday, August 29, 2012

2000 BA vs DA + IG

So, this was the 3rd, and final game of the tournament Saturday.  Again, I didn't have any pictures, so I am using Vassal to illustrate.  Like all of the games at the tournament, it was 2000 points purge the alien.  I won the roll, but I didn't see anything that was a serious long range threat to me, so I let him go first (to get the drop on his Valkyrie).  This is from memory, and the game was pretty short, so the score and the order of events might be slightly off, and the pictures might not sync completely with the text (because I did the story and the pictures separately)

My list is the same as the last one:
Stormraven with Assault Termies and DC Dread
Stormraven with 10 DC (7 bolters, 3 axes + pistols) and DC Dread
1 Whirlwind
An Epistolary Librarian, 10 Terminators (with 2 CML) and Corbulo.

DA + IG List:
3 DA Tactical Squads (MM and plasma?)
1 Devastator Squad (3 Missile launchers and 1 las cannon)
Logan with 5 terminators

IG Allies:
Marbo
Valkyrie
Company Command Squad
Platoon Command Squad
30 Man Infantry Blob (With, I think, 3 autocannons)

Set Up

Turn 1 - Even though it was night fighting, he had some terrible rolls, so the whirlwind and the CML from my terminators killed 7 of 10 of the closest tactical squad, including the MM.  His devastators managed to kill 1 terminator.

Score:  BA - 0 / DA - 0
_________________________________________________________________________________

End of Turn 1

Turn 2 DA - Marbo comes in behind my Whirlwind, and scores a hit with his det charge, but rolls 1 and a 2, so he only gets a glancing blow.  (Marbo would have probably done alot more damage to my terminators, but he was going for first blood.  Also, my terminator squad, with librarian and corbulo really didn't do anything this game - besides killing Marbo, so it probably wouldn't have mattered).  His death wing fails to come in, but his Valkyrie comes in.


Turn 2 BA - Both Stormravens come in, one flyies up to his Valkyrie and wrecks it with the MM;  Seven of the 10 IG burn up in the crash.
The other Stormraven, loaded with DC, comes on near his devastator team (I figured "bring it down" and 3 autocannons was more of a threat that a marine Devastator Squad).
I also move my librarian to the end of my terminator squad, thinking about breaking him off to kill Marbo next turn.  I move my Whirlwind, so that Marbo doesn't auto hit it, and shoot at Company Command Squad.

Score: BA - 2 (Inc First Blood) / DA - 0
_________________________________________________________________________________

Turn 2 
Turn 3 DA - Marbo killed the Whirlwind with a melta bomb.  His terminators fail their reserve roll again.  He shoots some stuff, including a melta at my stormraven, but fails to damage it.

Turn 3 BA - Not wanting to mess up any of my charges, I decide that my entire terminator squad has nothing better to shoot at than Marbo, so I leave the Librarian with the squad, and gun him down.  One DC Dread finishes off the Valkyrie passengers, and the assault terminators attack a squad of tacticals (he was moving them toward the Stormraven to shoot it, and to support the terminators that failed to arrive).  My other DC Dread killed the devastator squad, and my DC assaulted the remaining tactical squad.  My Terminators kill 1 of the tacticals in the squad of 3, and they break again and run off the board.

Score: BA - 5 / DA - 1
_________________________________________________________________________________
Turn 3



Turn 4 DA - His terminators try to come down near my assault terminators, in order to support the tactical squad, but a teleporting mishap places them behind the wall over by the IG blog.  At this point, he has lost the game, as it is very unlikely that they will get into the action before the end of the game.  Some melee plays out, both of his remaining tactical squads break and run.

Turn 4 BA - I assault his tactical squads again, killing both of them.  The DC dread that killed the Valkyrie crew assaults the IG blog, and kills several of them, and I believe they fled of the board.

Score: BA - 8 / DA - 1
_________________________________________________________________________________

Turn 4


Turn 5 - His terminators roll a 2 for difficult terrain, so they don't get anywhere, and I finish up the assaults (if any were still going)

He decides there is no need to roll for a 6th turn, and concedes the game.

Final Score:  BA - 8 / DA -1

_________________________________________________________________________________

End of Game












No comments:

Post a Comment