Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tuning my GK all shunt list part 3.2 Tau

I considered doing a guard detachment, but I don't like it for this list either.  It brings me two flyers,and two more troops, both of which are useful, but it doesn't feel like it really synergizes (the HQ and the Troops just sit in the vehicle and hope not to get shot down, if I am going to buy allies, I want to get my points worth) - it just feels thrown in.

The last ally I considered is Tau.  While I think that this is pretty solid, I don't actually own any Tau, so I don't know if I'm going to field this, or be able to test it, but of the allies I considered, I think I like this one - additionally, I can see the GK working with the Tau.  Of all the Xenos races, they seem the most honorable, and they, like Grey Knights (with demon hosts and Jakaeros) use other races when it benefits them.


Commander +2 Bodyguard - The commander has shield generator and Neuroweb system Jammer, and all 3 of them have 2 missile pods (or twin-linked) and velocity tracker.

a 3 man Xv8 Crisis Team, each with velocity tracker and 2 missile pods (or twin linked)

Kroot Squad with 11 Kroot.

Both teams of battle suits have anti-air capability, but are not wasted if the enemy doesn't bring air.  The have jump packs so they can keep up, and fit in with the theme.

The kroot can infiltrate up, and put pressure on the backfield, or act as screening force if need be.

While I like this, it only gives me 3 scoring units, and one of them are the sacrifical kroot - although I will have Grand Strategy to boost my scoring count if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment