Saturday, May 4, 2013

Tuning my GK all shunt list part 3 - Allies

So, I am comparing my shunt list to my "should be able to deal with list" and this is what I get:

AV 12 - Psycannons, Storm hammers, dreadknight punch - Check

50 Man Blogs with fearless/ATSKNF - Lots of stormbolter, 3 heavy incerators, DK can also probably
              assault if need by, and slow them down - Check

3-5 Rhinos - Psycannons, str 5 storm bolters, dreadknight punch, hammers - Check

Deep Strikings - Warp Quake, the ability to put most of my own army into deepstrike - Check

Invulnerable saves - losts of shots - Check, the most that can be done, short of gimmick power

ADL - 3 shunting heavy incinerators - Check

4 Scoring units - 3-6 (with Grand Strategy) - Check

Flyers - Psycannons needing 6's, ability to shunt / deep strike behind them - Limited

Overall, this list is pretty solid, in terms of tools to deal with whatever comes.  If I was going to add allies, I would need to boil this list to its core, to see if allies actually bring anything to the table.

GK Grand Master
2 x 10 GKSS with psybolt ammo, 2 Psycannons, 1 Hammer, Justifier with Halberd.
3x Dreadknights with 2 power fists, personal teleport, heavy incinerator.
____________
1390

This is the core of the army, it is the minimum legal army that has all of the tools of the original list (warp quake, str5 bolters, psycannons, 2-5 Scoring, shunting DK with heavy incinerators).  The point of this is to determine if I can spend 610 points better than the original list, or if I should stay pure GK.

Even if I stay all GK, I am probably taking the GKIS squad out, and add a fully buffed Stormraven (Assualt Cannon, MM, Sponsons with Str 5 hurricane bolters) in its place, so what I am really seeing is if I can spend 700 points on allies and do better than adding another GKSS, adding Psycotroke Grenades to Grand Master, and putting him with something like 6 purifiers (5 falchions and a hammer) in a pimped out Stormraven - which gives me some AA and another way to deal with blobs (and someone to put my GM with that can actually fight), and letting my whole army start in reserves except the NDK - hmm, actually I am liking that 610 points a lot, although it means I'm going to have to dig out some hurricane bolters to assemble....



No comments:

Post a Comment