Saturday, May 4, 2013

Grey Knight Interceptor Squad - Tuning my GK all Shunt list part 2

So, based on my previous posts, my shunt list is looking something like:

GK Grand Master - Sword, Incinerator, Psychotroke Grenades
3x10 GKSS with Psybolt, 2 psycannons, 1 hammer, and Knight with Halberd
1x10 GKIS with Psybolt, 2 psycannons, 1 hammer, and knight with halberd
3x Dreadknights with 2 Power fists, heavy incinerator, personal teleporter

Hmm, GKIS.... Why am I paying so many points for these?  Because they can teleport with the Dread Knights, and get right in the enemy's face.  The thing is, they have a range of 24",  they are not awesome at assault, so they really don't gain very much by being closer than 24", and most times they can make their normal 6" and be within 24" - and anytime I wouldn't be (because the enemy is playing the range game, I can accomplish the same thing by deep striking the GKSS.

If I used Grand Strategy to make them scoring, I could jump them for last turn objective grabbing or I could use them for last turn objective contesting, which gives them some flexibility, and the difference between the GKSS and an identically outfitted GKIS is 60 points, so with Grand Strategy, it might be worth it, otherwise probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment